Monday, January 9, 2012

Time to Recalculate Time





  • You know The List...


    • We're busy - often too busy for our own good.  
    • There's not enough time in the day to get done the priorities on our To Do List.  
    • As the years go by, it becomes more difficult to remember all the wonderful memories that have filled our years, but the most painful ones seem to still impact our daily life.  
    • We run into people we used to know, and may not recognize them amidst all the changes of age - yet we often feel internally that we are still the young and vibrant person we have always been.  
    • The recognitions of growing old multiply as our aches and pains increase, as we are called "Sir" more often, and as the average ages of those listed in the daily obituaries match our own personal number.

    Some day our time will be over, and the legacy that we have left behind will take our place - at least for as long as there is someone to remember it.  And when the remembering of our time here on earth is forgotten, our impact will continue perhaps unconsciously in the lives of those we have indirectly effected. 
     
    By God's grace it will be... enough.

    The one thing that helps me deal with the advent of time is - thankfulness.  Because in my gratitude for the Past, I am filled with thankfulness for the memories of those who have blessed and challenged my life.  Thankfulness is the gift that pushes me to savor every last moment and immerse myself in the Present time that God has granted as an immediate gift.  And it is thankfulness that pulls me forward into the Future with hope, and fills me with anticipation for what great things God has in store for me around the next corner.

    Thankfulness helps me recalculate MY time into the increments of GOD'S time at work in my life.  When I am bitter that I don't have more time, when I am grieving that a friend was taken "before his time," and when I wish time was going faster through the pain I experience... it is God's time that allows me to recalculate my own existence.  

    As this year begins with a whole new resetting of our expectations and vision for the time we have - may God grant us the time to be thankful for all we have been given, all we currently experience, and all we will ever have.

    Christ's Peace,
    Pastor Rick 

No comments:

Post a Comment